(Rain/Wave Date September 22nd)
9 am – Opening Ceremonies at Ho Hum (8 am - departure from the Bellport Marina)
$50 (plus $3.25 service fee) Entry Fee/Donation
Email us if you are interested in a family rate
Fee includes Ferry ticket
All net proceeds goes to the following charities
Presented by The Post Morrow Foundation and
CEED (Center for Environmental Education and Discovery)
- Surf sessions for all levels and ages
- Guest speakers on local environmental issues
- Vintage surfboard exhibit with a historical talk about them
- Food will be pot luck – so bring some for all
- Team based awards for the surf sessions, a beach sculpture contest, and a tug-o-war
Event and heat information will be emailed 24 hours prior to the event and posted to Instragram
Contest Rules and Regulations
- This is not a traditional surf contest so there are no single winners, rather teams of surfers are competing against each other for fun.
- Teams will be established by lottery prior to the event with an equal distribution of event categories - example: if there are 5 kids and 5 teams, each team with have one kid.
- There will be three judges for each heat: One judge will be an expert surfer, one will be a local artist, and one will be an expert dancer.
- Waves will be ranked with the criteria of looking for “The most beautiful wave and flow”.
- Surf heats will be 20 minutes and have 5 to 7 surfers in any one heat.
- Top two surfers in the early round heats will proceed to the next round while collecting 150 pt for #1 and 100 pts for #2
- Top surfer will advance in the later or final rounds. The winner of each category will obtain 250 pts for their team.
- The final open will consist of the winners from all the categories and the winner will receive 300 pts for 2nd place and 350 for the best wave
- The last heat will be the Stranger Things heat - where each team volunteers one surfer to compete. This heat will have a random lottery of vintage surfboard of which the surfer must use. 300 pts for 2nd place and 350 for the best wave
- The team winning the beach sculpture contest will receive 200 pts and 150 pts for the runner up
- The team winning the Tug-o-way will receive 200 pts and 150 pts for the runner up
- The Team that accumulates the most points will be crowned the winner of the BWVSF