Opening Ceremonies - Saturday 9/11 starting at 6PM
The HOG Farm in Brookhaven
- Blue Water Vagabond Opening Ceremony with Special Guest
- Unveiling of the Expression Sessions
- Raffles and prizes
- Special Guest and additional details will be send out the week of the event
The Festival 9/19:
- 8:30 am – Expression Sessions Start at Ho Hum / Fire Island Wilderness
- (7:30 am arrival - 8 am departure from the Bellport Marina)
- $65 Surfer Entry Fee
- $30 Supporter Entry Fee
Email us if you are interested in a family rate.
Fee includes Ferry ticket and a Blue Water Vagabond Surf Festival T-shirt
All net proceeds goes to the our non-profit Host CEED!
Entry Fees minus the cost of the t-shirt are tax-deductible via CEED
- Surf expression sessions for all level and ages
- Awards for each expression session
- Party Wave session
- Stranger Things Session
- Additional activities at the beach include a beach cleanup
- Fun for all!
Event and heat information will be emailed 24 hours prior to the event and posted to Instragram
Contest Rules and Regulations
- This is not a traditional surf contest so there are no single winners, rather a series of expressions sessions with four awards to be granted in each session:
- Wave of the day award
- Best wipeout award
- Longest wave award
- Best style award
- The last heat will be the Stranger Things Session - where surfers will only surf vintage boards and can win a spot in the heat by either winning the "Wave of the Day Award" or the "Best Style Award"
- We will also host a PARTY WAVE Session - hosted by key sponsors and we will try to get as may surfers on one wave (foamies are the preferred vehicle for safety reasons).